Sunday 6 January 2013

I wonder what a bookshelf says about people ?

Since Christmas I have been contemplating clearing some of the books off my bookshelf. This as proved to be most difficult. Books represent a large part of your thinking, emotions, interests and ideas. They are central to the way you organise yourself. A book can bring back memories, it can actually look nice on the bookshelf and has its own distinctive colour and smell. I am an advocate of kindle, indeed I love reading from it, it has great storage and a wonderful ability to organise your reading. It can disguise what you are reading, but it can also highlight key passages and tag pages. you can carry hundreds of books around with you and switch between novel and text.
There is therefore a compromise keep the books on the shelf, keep accepting books as presents ..as I did this christmas and read your kindle as you would a book.

No comments: